Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's Crunch Time!

Time is flying! Last thing I knew I still had a couple months. However, with less than a month to go it's crunch time. The hardest part is saying goodbye to everyone. Yesterday was my last day of work and it wasn't without many tears. I am an emotional roller coaster these days. I am sad about leaving, anxious about what my future holds and thrilled to be fulfilling one of my life's dreams and becoming a Peace Corps volunteer in Africa.
As the time nears I know more about my adventure.
Itinerary:
Depart January 26th at 11:45 am for Washington D.C.
Staging is January 27th and 28th (orientation, introductions, shots, etc.)
Depart for South Africa January 28th
Arrive in Johannesburg January 29th (18 hours later)

There will be a group of about 35 volunteers. We will be training about an hour and a half northwest of Pretoria. The training includes learning the language (isiZulu or a related dialect), learning culture, and everything else we need to know.

That's all for now. More information to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2009 Nokuthula All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Template by Anshul